We are less than one month away from the new season of “American Horror Story”. Staying true to the anthology’s reputation, this season is sure to be great. Based in early 1950’s Jupiter, Florida the fourth season is subtitlted “Freak Show”. From what has been revealed so far about the show which is set to premiere October 8th on FX is that it is darken than last season’s “Coven” and centers around America’s last standing freak show. Emmy award winner, Jessica Lange will once again [and quite possibly for the last time] lead the returning cast as Elsa Mars, a former German cabaret star who runs the show. Lange has been very open about this season being her last season as she has said the show is very time consuming during the year. [As with previous seasons Lange looks fabulous and I’m sure will give us a stellar performance] Returning for a second season is Kathy Bates as Ethel, the bearded lady and Angela Bassett as Desiree Dupree, the lady with three breasts. Also returning of course is Sarah Paulson as Bette AND Dot. [twins or conjoined twins?] Making an appearance in four episodes this season is legend Pattie Labelle, as mother to actress Gabourey Sidibe’s character. While I am extremely excited about what this season will bring I think I am more excited about the opening sequence and the theme song. Melanie Martinez’s [The Voice] “Carousel” from her LP opens up this seasons show and I must say it is an addictive little diddy. Have a listen!
“The kind of beauty I want most is the hard-to-get kind that comes from within — strength, courage, dignity.” ~Ruby Dee
Born October 27, 1922, she was a legendary actress, civil rights activist, playwright, journalist and beloved wife/window of famed actor Ossie Davis. Starring in films such as “A Raisin in the Sun”, “Do the Right Thing” and “American Gangster” she was a true legend. Her unconventional theories on how to make a marriage work [Including opening up about her open marriage] are what made Dee legendary. A true beauty. We may have lost a legend but Ossie has gained his love back.
Rest in Peace Lady Ruby
October 27, 1922- June 11, 2014
While all these may be rhetorical, they all need answers.
1) If the SS Minnow was only set to take a three hour tour, why did the Howells, Ginger and Mary Ann have entire wardrobes?
2) Why is a raven like a writing desk?
3) What exactly was Tommy’s occupation on the show Martin?
4) How many licks does it take to get the center of a tootsie pop?
5) If its my cake, why can’t I have it and eat it too? (after all it is MY cake, right?)
6) They say life is short, can you name something you can do longer?
7) Why did Wilona Woods [the Evans’ neighbor on the show Good Times] live in the projects?
8) Where did Sondra on The Cosby Show come from? [in the pilot episode Claire asks Cliff “Cliff, why do we have four children?” His response, “Because we didn’t want five.” the four were Denise, Theo, Vanessa and Rudy]
9) What happened to Judy on the show Family Matters?
10) Why don’t they make canned broccoli?
11) If Squidward is an octopus why is his name Squidward?
12) If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?
13) Have you ever danced with devil in the pale moonlight? [What the heck does that even mean?]14) How old is Morgan Freeman? REALLY!?
15) If money doesn’t grow on trees, then why do banks have branches?
16) If a mute child swears, does his mother clean his hands with soap?
18) Does pushing the elevator button more than once make it arrive faster?
19) What hair color do they put on the drivers licenses of bald men?
20) Why are Trix only for kids?
21) Who killed Jimmy Hoffa?
22) Why can’t women put on mascara with their mouth closed?
24) Why do we drive on a Parkway and park in a Driveway?
25) Why do they put Braille dots on the keypad of the drive-up ATM?